Festival of Flight – 18-19 September 2021
All disciplines of models (Control Line, Free Flight, Radio Control and Radio Assist) are encouraged to fly at all our events. Models and flying style should be in keeping with the historic ethos of The Shuttleworth Collection. Non-scale can also fly at Scale Weekend.
NB Combat will return to the agenda on Saturday and Sunday in July and September 2021.
Weight Restrictions apply: RC: 15kg; RC assist: 10kg; CL: 5kg; FF: 500g
Insurance: ALL PILOTS flying model aircraft at ModelAir events, of any discipline, must carry proof of current BMFA insurance whilst flying – and please be prepared to show it to a ModelAir Marshall, if asked.
COMPETITIONS IN JULY include:
- Ebenezer (normally in May)
- Flight Director’s Trophy
- Shuttleworth Trophy
- Britannia Trophy FF
- Masefield Trophy FF Scale
- Earl Stahl FF
- Tribute Voetsak (Saturday/Sunday)
- Modified Class FF7. Scale Rubber Powered Precision League (Saturday) *
- Credgington Trophy (normally run at the May Nationals): BMFA Free Flight Scale, class FF5 Flying only. 500grm max weight. Local rule. (Sunday) *
*Contact Mike Smith 01474 564 863 email@example.com for details.
COMPETITIONS IN SEPTEMBER include:
- Vic Smeed Memorial Day (bring and fly one of his designs)
- Rubber Bowden
- Jack Bierton Memorial Trophy (Vintage)
CONTACT DETAILS FOR COMPETITION ORGANISERS
TROPHY WINNERS ARE RESPECTFULLY REQUESTED TO RETURN THEIR TROPHIES AT THE EVENT THE FOLLOWING YEAR. IF NOT ATTENDING PLEASE CONTACT firstname.lastname@example.org or 07799 132999
If you would like to run a competition at one of our events, please contact Ken Sheppard well in advance of the event, to discuss your ideas. Modelair.email@example.com